성과확산

1. home
  2. 알림마당
  3. 과학기술정보분석
  4. 성과확산

Herbicidal activity of formulated sorgoleone, a natural product of sorghum root exudate

저자
U*din MR, Park SU, Dayan FE, Pyon JY.
게재저널
Pest Management Science
키워드
allelochemical; formulation; herbicidal activity; selectivity; sorgoleone
개요
Abstract

BACKGROUND: The allelochemical sorgoleone, a major component of the hydrophobic root exudates of Sorghum bicolor, was formulated as awettable powder [4.6WP] and evaluated as a natural herbicide on several weed and crop species under different growth conditions.

RESULTS:

Formulated sorgoleone [4.6 WP] suppressed germination and shoot growth of weeds, with broadleaf species showing greater susceptibility than grass weed species.Germination and growth of broadleaf weed species were completely suppressed (100%) at 0.2 g a.i. L?1 sorgoleone in a growth chamber study. Post-emergence applications of the wettable formulation of sorgoleone [4.6 WP] inhibited 20-25% higher growth ofweeds than pre-emergence applications under greenhouse conditions. Broadleaf weeds were more susceptible than grass species to both methods of application. In all studies, growth was suppressed in more than90%of the broadleaf weeds and two species, in particular, Rumexjaponicus and Plantago asiatica,were completely suppressed at 0.4 kg a.i. ha?1 sorgol eone. The crop species, on the other hand, were much more tolerant to sorgoleone, with 30% inhibition, at most, at the highest rate of 0.4 kg a.i. ha1 sorgoleone.

CONCLUSION:

The results of this study reveal that sorgoleone, after formulation as a WP, is more effective in inhibiting weed growth, and crop species are tolerant to it. The strong weed suppressive ability of formulated sorgoleone therefore offers interesting possibilities as an effective natural environment-friendly approach for weed management.

첨부파일
담당부서 담당자 연락처
이 페이지에서 제공하는 정보에 대하여 만족하십니까?
문서 처음으로 이동